Promotion of Access to Information manual
River Queen Trading 305 cc
T/A Sunflower Scientific
prepared in accordance with the terms of Section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000
Section 51 (1)(a) - Contact Information
|Name of Business||River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific|
|Information Officer||Raneshree van Krimpen-Moodley|
|Physical Address||Unit 2 Shannon Lodge
280 Shannon Drive
Reservoir Hills 4091
|Postal Address||PO Box 15354
Section 51 (1)(b) - Section 10 Guide on how to use the Act
The Guide will be available from the South African Human Rights Commission by no later than August 2004. Please direct enquiries to:
Research and Documentation Department
|Postal Address||Private Bag X2700
|Telephone||+27 11 484 8300|
|Fax||+27 11 484 7146|
Section 51 (1)(d) - Records available in terms of other legislation
- Closed Corporations Act No. 69 of 1984
- Income Tax Act No. 95 of 1967
Section 51 (1)(c) and (1)(e) - Access to records held by River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific
- in terms of the Act Section 52 (2)
- General description of our competencies, activities and prior work. Available freely on www.sunsci.com
- Administration: Lease agreements; maintenance contracts; software licenses; insurance policies
- Human Resources: employment contracts and records; remuneration records
- Financial: Annual Financial Statements; Annual Budget
- Operations: Minutes of meetings; Policies; Rules and procedures
- The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request
- The request must be addressed to the head of River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific
- The request must be made using the postal address or electronic mail address of River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific
- The requester must properly detail their request on the form so that the head of River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific can properly identify the record and the requester
- The requester must indicate the form of access that is required
- The requester must also indicate if any other manner is to be used to inform the requester stating the particulars of such manner
- The requester must identify the right that is to be exercised or protected and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right
- Where a request is made on behalf of a third party, the requester must submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the head of River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific
A requester who seeks access to records containing personal information on that requester is not required to pay a fee. All other requests must pay the require request fees.
- The head of River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific will notify the requester of the requirement to pay the prescribed fee (if any) before further processing the request
- The fee that must be paid to River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific is ZAR50. The requester may lodge an application to the court against the payment of the required fee
- After the head of River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific has made a decision on the request, the requester must be notified in the required form
- If the request is granted then a further access fee may be payable for the search, retrieval, reproduction and preparation of the record that has been requested as well as any time in excess of the prescribed hours to do so
|Photocopies, printed pages||The fee for a copy of the manual is ZAR1.10 for every A4-size page or part thereof.
The fee for every photocopy of an A4-size page or part thereof is ZAR1.10.
The fee for every printed copy of an A4-size page or part thereof for any record held on computer, electronically or in machine-readable format is R0.75
|Electronically stored and machine readable formats||The fee for a copy of any electronic record shall be ZAR70 per compact disc required to provide that data.|
|Visual images and records||The fee for the transcription of visual images is ZAR40 per A4-size page or part thereof.
The fee for the reproduction of any visual images is ZAR60.
|Audio records||The fee for the transcription of audio records is ZAR60 per A4-size page or part thereof.
The fee for the reproduction of any audio record is ZAR30.
|Retrieval of record||The rate per hour or part thereof to search for and prepare the record which is request for disclosure is ZAR30.|
|Postage||Postage costs for the distribution of the requested record will only be payable when said record must be posted to the requester.|
Section 51 (1)(f) - Other information as may be prescribed
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has not made any regulations in this regard.
Section 51 (3) - Availability of the manual
This manual is available for inspection at River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific free of charge. Copies are made available with the South African Human Rights Commission, in the Gazette and for download from River Queen Trading 305 cc T/A Sunflower Scientific website.